What is Thunderbird Art Works?
Thunderbird Art Works (TAW) pairs local artists with businesses for a three-month period. During this time your art will be on display at a selected local business, and also for sale on our Thunderbird Art Works online store. Next, Thunderbird Arts Center, the artists, and participating businesses will all promote this partnership, resulting in a unique, social media ground swell. This innovative cross-marketing strategy with all participants involved will help create awareness and new customers for your art!
CALL FOR ARTISTS!
Are you ready to show your work? Apply now to be considered for the second annual Thunderbird Art Works presented by Thunderbird Arts Center!
When is it?
- Thunderbird Art Works takes place May through August.
- Artists’ deadline to apply is Thursday, February 27th
- Artists will be informed of their acceptance by Friday, March 6th
Why participate? You will get three-months of dynamic exposure for 50% commission on art sales:
- Your name promoted to the media in the TAW press release
- Your art on display at a local business
- Your art on display and for sale on our TAW online store
- Your name and a live link to your website on TAW website event page (11,000+ visits per month)
- Your name and a live link to your website featured in three e-blasts (28,000+ contacts per email)
- Your name in printed event flyers and posters on display at all businesses
- Social media exposure – Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram (10,000+ followers)
- And much more! See the 2020 Marketing and Social Media Plan for details and timing of all activities
What will I need to do?
- Provide 6-12 pieces of 2-D art (painting, pastels, photography, etc.) that are framed and ready to hang
- Provide images of all art to be displayed for use on the TAW online store (file format, size?)
- Meet with the assigned business to discuss where and how art will be displayed and secured
- Install/hang and take-down/remove all artwork
- Attend your art show opening and closing receptions
- Promote Thunderbird Art Works in your social media and emails, at least once a month, at predetermined dates and times following the marketing plan
Questions? Please email email@example.com