Central Arts Alliance maintains a robust database of teaching artists. We contract teaching artists from this list of qualified instructors to ensure quality of classes, programs, and events. Opportunities arise frequently within our organization as well as with our partner organizations, so this is an amazing chance to get connected. Teaching Artist Interest Forms are accepted year-round.
If you are interested in joining our list of qualified instructors, please follow the links below to provide us with some information about yourself and to obtain an interview with a Programs Manager.
To find out more about teaching artist positions:
General Position Summary
To apply to become a teaching artist:
Teaching Artist Interest Form
CALL FOR CLASSES & WORKSHOPS
Seeking innovative, short-duration creative workshops in a variety of mediums, available as online, in-person, or outdoor formats. Think one or two-day workshops for 2-3 hours each day.
Specific classes we are looking for:
• Culinary Arts (Online)
• Music: Instruments, voice, composition, digital production or songwriting
• Digital Content Creation: graphic design, animation, video
• Multi-disciplinary Classes (ex: writing & painting or improv & drawing)
• Location-based outdoor workshops (sketch in the park, city photography)
• Hybrid Outdoor/Digital (ex: from photo to studio or from sketchbook to studio)
• Intro to Specific Materials (ex: watercolor pencils, pastels, collage with nature, sketchbooks, etc.)
To propose a class or workshop:
1. Download and complete the fillable Call for Proposals Form.
2. Open the Teaching Artist Interest Form and fill out some basic information.
3. At the end of the form, please upload the following documents:
- Artist Biography
- Professional Headshot
- Call for Proposals Form