Phoenix Center for the Arts offers professional internship opportunities to undergraduate and graduate students that provide a hands-on learning experience in the programs, marketing, development, and engagement departments.
Why intern with Phoenix Center for the Arts?
- Gain hands-on experience at the ground level of a rapidly growing nonprofit
- Flexible schedule
- Work with a fantastic staff
- Have a hand in the growth of arts and culture in Phoenix
- Flex your creativity!
MARKETING – GRAPHIC DESIGN INTERN
Phoenix Center for the Arts is currently seeking a design intern to assist in the development and distribution of materials and branding for several ongoing projects and programs that support the mission of Phoenix Center for the Arts. The design intern reports to the Creative Lead.
Duration: Three months – January to March 2022
Hours: 10 to 15 hours per week, schedule negotiable
Compensation: A limited number of interns will be eligible for a stipend. College credit may also be available depending on the requirements of your college or university. Interns who volunteer their time will be eligible for free or discounted PCA classes based on hours volunteered.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Creative design of graphics for both print and web. This includes, but is not limited to logos, flyers, posters, web advertisements, print advertisements, promotional items, social media, etc.
• Photography: taking, editing, and cataloging on our server
• Opportunities for producing and editing short promotional videos (optional)
• Work closely with the Phoenix Center for the Arts’ Creative Lead to ensure branding consistency and mission adherence.
• Assisting with the delivery of promotional opportunities to contracted partners
• Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
• Some knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro for video opportunities (optional)
• Penchant for art, design, and creativity
• Personal computer access
• Attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Time management skills
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to meet deadlines
To apply: send cover letter and résumé to Mirinda DiBiase, m.dibiase(at)phoenixcenterforthearts.org