March 2, 2018
at the Larry Wilson Gallery,
Phoenix Center for the Arts
About The Artist
"I began my studies in 1958 at the Art Students League of New York.
I am a native New Yorker, surrounded by art, jazz, dance and basketball as a youngster and nothing has changed in over 50 years. I discovered for myself the world of Cézanne, Degas and most importantly Modigliani. Also noticed the relationships between Duke Ellington and Gershwin, Miles Davis and Beethoven, Romare Bearden and Proust. All of these artists have influenced my approach to how I view painting."
Recent One-person shows and group exhibitions:
● Gallery-360, Scottsdale AZ 2002
● The Park Gallery, Litchfield Park, AZ 2003 ● Cathedral for the Arts, Phoenix, AZ, Group Show 2003
● West Valley Art Museum, Surprise AZ, Group Show 2006
● Shemer Gallery Museum, Phoenix, AZ, Group Show 2006
● Estrella Mountain Community College, Group Show 2006 ● “Intention” September 2006, New York, NY 2006
● Shemer Gallery and Museum, One Man Exhibit 2007
● Dry Heat, Tempe Center for the Arts, Group Show 2007/08
● Private showing, Fountain Hills 2009
● Inspirador Gallery, Chandler AZ, Group Show 2010
● First Studio, Phoenix AZ 2015
● Olney Gallery at trinity cathedral, 2016
● West Valley Arts Council, 2017
● Surprise 2017
● ASU Gammage, 2017
● First Studio, Phoenix, 2017
His work hangs in private collections in New York NY, Philadelphia PA, Cleveland OH, Columbus OH, Scottsdale AZ, St. Louis MO, Kansas City KC, San Francisco CA, Phoenix AZ, Fountain Hills AZ, and Paris France, London England.
I search to create beauty, honesty and information in my work. The truth can be both helpful and beautiful.
More Info: Bobmartin-art.com
March 2, 2018