Central Arts Alliance maintains a robust database of teaching artists. Teaching artists are contracted from this database of qualified instructors to ensure quality of classes, programs, and events. Opportunities arise frequently within the organization as well as with partner organizations, which makes being a Teaching Artist with the Center an amazing way to get connected. Teaching Artist Interest Forms are accepted year-round.
If you are interested in joining our list of qualified teaching artists, please follow the links below to provide some information and to obtain an interview with a Programs Manager. Professional teaching degrees not required, just a passion for sharing the practice of art. Teaching Artist positions start at $22/hour.
For more details on teaching artist positions, including compensation, schedules, and requirements:
General Position Summary
Complete this form to apply to become a teaching artist:
Teaching Artist Interest Form
CALL FOR TEACHING ARTISTS, CLASSES, & WORKSHOPS
The Center is currently recruiting teaching artists, classes and workshops in the following departments for the upcoming Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 Semesters. The Center is looking for innovative and creative programs in a variety of mediums, available as online, in-person, or outdoor formats for both the Downtown and North Phoenix campuses. Accepting proposals for multi-week classes or one & two-day workshops.
Currently seeking teaching artists and class/workshop proposals for:
- Glass Fusing
- Metals & Jewelry
- Culinary Arts (Online)
- Music: Instruments, voice, composition, digital production or songwriting
- Digital Content Creation: graphic design, animation, video
- Multi-disciplinary Classes (ex: writing & painting or improv & drawing)
- Location-based outdoor workshops (sketch in the park, city photography)
- Hybrid Outdoor/Digital (ex: from photo to studio or from sketchbook to studio)
- Intro to Specific Materials (ex: metals & jewelry, glass fusing, watercolor pencils, pastels, collage, sketchbooks, etc.)