Interested in getting involved with Phoenix Center for the Arts? There about a billion ways to do so. 🙂 We have opportunities for Volunteers and Interns, as well as periodic program openings for instructors, both within the Center and as part of our outreach programs.
Full time; Salary DOE
• Act as facility liaison for theatrical events, overseeing safety and customer service concerns
• Maintain stock of lighting and audio gear
• Assist with improvement projects for overall facility
• Maintain integrity of the theatrical space
• Run lighting console and sound console as needed
• Set up projector, audio equipment, and other technical needs
• Communicate with Facilities Department regarding theatrical events
• Supervise interns as needed
• Additional Responsibilities as needed
• Associate’s Degree in Theater or professional equivalent
• Ability to pass a background screening
• Theatrical experience in the following fields: Audio, Lighting, Scenic, and Audiovisual; Stage Management, Box Office, and House Management experience a plus.
• Knowledge of basic hand and power tools
• Customer Service experience
• Ability to work comfortably at heights on a ladder
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication and teamwork skills.
• Ability to problem-solve and work independently.
• Ability to supervise volunteers and interns
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Computer skills including Microsoft office (Word, Excel, etc.) and Google Drive
• Ability to frequently lift/carry 25 lbs. Ability to periodically lift 50 lbs.
• Valid driver’s license preferred
• This position will often require evening and weekend hours.
The ideal candidate will possess a general understanding of all technical aspects of technical theater.
The desire to learn new skills and expand on existing skills is a must.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Lane Black, Operations Manager at l.black(at)phoenixcenterforthearts.org. We are looking to fill this position very quickly.
Phoenix Center for the Arts has opened a NEW LOCATION. Thunderbird Arts Center is currently seeking awesome, motivated, teaching artists for the Fall and Spring trimesters.
- Instructors are independently contracted, which creates flexibility in curriculum development and class scheduling.
- Hourly pay: $22 per hour, with reimbursement for material costs and possibility of advancement.
- Instructors have opportunity for showing their artwork in the Thunderbird building during select shows with no hanging costs.
- Instructors are not restricted to a bi-weekly pay schedule and can schedule their pay in weekly or lump-sum arrangements.
- Instructors are VALUED & APPRECIATED for their unique creative vision and are encouraged to utilize their passion in the development of all of their classes.
- All classes are routinely promoted by professional marketing staff.
- Must have availability 3pm-9pm Monday through Thursday, and Saturday from 9am-12pm. Additional weekend availability on occasion is required.
- Instructors must be able to develop their class schedule at least 6 months in advance.
- Instructors must possess a Bachelor’s degree in related field or 2 years experience working with youth.
- Instructors must have AZ State fingerprint clearance card, or be eligible to obtain one.
- Instructors must have excellent interpersonal skills and be willing to work in a shared space with other instructors.
- Instructors must be passionate about working in their area of specialty and motivated to advance the department.
Areas of Specialty:
- Adult Mosaics Instructor
Send cover letter, resume, and three references to L.Krause (at) phoenixcenterforthearts.org.