Interested in getting involved with Phoenix Center for the Arts? There about a billion ways to do so. 🙂 We have opportunities for Volunteers and Interns, as well as periodic program openings for instructors, both within the Center and as part of our outreach programs.
Patron Services Associate – Part Time
Applications Due 6/9/17
This is a part-time, hourly position. Ideally we are looking for two people to work 10-15 hours per week due to the weekend hours.
Patron Services Associate (Associate) works at the front desk with our patrons. Patrons include students, audience, and space users. This position will also be working on individual giving with the Director.
• Staff the front desk or be on-call for volunteers who work there
• Be the Center point person for basic questions during evening hours
• Various organizational tasks such as creating daily schedules, inputting data, registering clients for classes, etc
• Assist with Individual Giving tasks: thank you letters, mailer campaigns, etc
• Keep front desk area organized and clean
• Communicate well with other staff
• Closing, locking and alarming both buildings at the end of the shift
Associate reports directly to the Patron Services Manager, which will include work assigned by the Director.
Job Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge Required:
• Exemplary customer service skills, including a friendly demeanor, patient nature, and willingness to problem solve.
• Strong computer skills, especially Excel and/or Google Docs experience.
• Well-honed communication skills, using all means available.
• A love of the arts community here in Phoenix!
*Bilingual English/Spanish required
Workspace and Schedule:
The Associate will have a volunteer scheduled to work at the front desk most days, so Associate will work primarily in the main office area, and be support for the volunteer. On nights without a volunteer, Associate will work from the front desk.
Shifts are 5pm-9pm, Monday-Friday and 12:30pm-4:30pm on Saturday; 24 hours weekly available.
Scheduled to start on or around July 1, 2017.
To apply send a cover letter and resume, merged into one PDF (no page limit) to k.fitzharris(at)phoenixcenterforthearts.org – with the following subject line:
“Patron Services [Lastname]”
Phoenix Center for the Arts has opened a NEW LOCATION. Thunderbird Arts Center is currently seeking awesome, motivated, teaching artists for the Fall and Spring trimesters.
- Instructors are independently contracted, which creates flexibility in curriculum development and class scheduling.
- Hourly pay: $22 per hour, with reimbursement for material costs and possibility of advancement.
- Instructors have opportunity for showing their artwork in the Thunderbird building during select shows with no hanging costs.
- Instructors are not restricted to a bi-weekly pay schedule and can schedule their pay in weekly or lump-sum arrangements.
- Instructors are VALUED & APPRECIATED for their unique creative vision and are encouraged to utilize their passion in the development of all of their classes.
- All classes are routinely promoted by professional marketing staff.
- Must have availability 3pm-9pm Monday through Thursday, and Saturday from 9am-12pm. Additional weekend availability on occasion is required.
- Instructors must be able to develop their class schedule at least 6 months in advance.
- Instructors must possess a Bachelor’s degree in related field or 2 years experience working with youth.
- Instructors must have AZ State fingerprint clearance card, or be eligible to obtain one.
- Instructors must have excellent interpersonal skills and be willing to work in a shared space with other instructors.
- Instructors must be passionate about working in their area of specialty and motivated to advance the department.
Areas of Specialty:
- Adult Mosaics Instructor
Send cover letter, resume, and three references to L.Krause (at) phoenixcenterforthearts.org.