Interested in getting involved with Phoenix Center for the Arts? There about a billion ways to do so. 🙂 We have opportunities for Volunteers and Interns, as well as periodic program openings for instructors, both within the Center and as part of our outreach programs.
Phoenix Center for the Arts is looking for a full-time, seasonal Camp Deputy to assist our Camp Manager with the execution and oversight of the youth camp program, campers, and volunteers. This person manages day-to-day camp tasks, oversees facility usage and cleaning, communicates with instructors and parents, supervises campers and volunteers, manages daily communication between Youth Coordinator and volunteers/campers/instructors, and oversees camp rehearsals and performances
- Manages all daily tasks related to campers and parents:
- Supervises before/aftercare and lunchtime
- Responds to parent, camper, and instructor concerns
- Monitors transitions between classes
- Leads daily announcements, delivering supplies to classrooms
- Handles behavior, illness, and safety concerns
- Documents camp for marketing purposes (photography, etc.)
- Supervises camp sign-out
- Enforces camp policies
- Acts as point of contact for parents, campers, and instructors, referring applicable questions to Youth Coordinator as needed; communicates needs of Youth Camp Manager to camp.
- Oversees camp facility by setting camp rooms, monitoring and cleaning classrooms, bathrooms, and lunchroom. Resets rooms after camp.
- Leads volunteer trainings and meetings, assigs classes and break times, and delegates duties/responsibilities to volunteers filling in as classroom assistant as needed during volunteer breaks and absences.
- Reports concerns and needs to Camp Manager.
- Oversees and facilitates rehearsals and performances in theater:
- Coordinates and facilitates rehearsal time and show flow with instructors,
- Coordinates volunteer assignments
- Acts as stage and activity manager
- Provides Youth Coordinator with show/program updates
- Oversees campers in theater
- Coordinates camper sign-out/artwork pickup
- Oversees and coordinates post-camp clean-up (clean chairs, tables, rooms, collect personal items, etc.)
- High school graduate or equivalent
- One year of camp coordinating experience
- Knowledge of child education
- Communicates with oral, and interpersonal skills
- Presents effectively, in both formal and informal settings
- Manage and multitask several assignments and remain organized and detail oriented
Send cover letter, resume, and three references to D.Nygren (at) phoenixcenterforthearts.org.
Phoenix Center for the Arts has opened a NEW LOCATION. Thunderbird Arts Center is currently seeking awesome, motivated, teaching artists for the Fall and Spring trimesters.
- Instructors are independently contracted, which creates flexibility in curriculum development and class scheduling.
- Hourly pay: $22 per hour, with reimbursement for material costs and possibility of advancement.
- Instructors have opportunity for showing their artwork in the Thunderbird building during select shows with no hanging costs.
- Instructors are not restricted to a bi-weekly pay schedule and can schedule their pay in weekly or lump-sum arrangements.
- Instructors are VALUED & APPRECIATED for their unique creative vision and are encouraged to utilize their passion in the development of all of their classes.
- All classes are routinely promoted by professional marketing staff.
- Must have availability 3pm-9pm Monday through Thursday, and Saturday from 9am-12pm. Additional weekend availability on occasion is required.
- Instructors must be able to develop their class schedule at least 6 months in advance.
- Instructors must possess a Bachelor’s degree in related field or 2 years experience working with youth.
- Instructors must have AZ State fingerprint clearance card, or be eligible to obtain one.
- Instructors must have excellent interpersonal skills and be willing to work in a shared space with other instructors.
- Instructors must be passionate about working in their area of specialty and motivated to advance the department.
Areas of Specialty:
- Adult Mosaics Instructor
Send cover letter, resume, and three references to L.Krause (at) phoenixcenterforthearts.org.