Interested in getting involved with Phoenix Center for the Arts? There about a billion ways to do so. 🙂 We have opportunities for Volunteers and Interns, as well as periodic program openings for instructors, both within the Center and as part of our outreach programs.
Patron Services Associate
Pay & Hours
This is a part-time, hourly position: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 5pm-9pm. Possibly 1-2 Saturday mornings or afternoons a month from 8:30-12:30pm or 12:30-4:30pm.
*Bilingual English/Spanish required, intermediate level, conversational and written.
Patron Services Associate (Associate) works at the front desk with our Patrons. Patrons include students, audience, and space users.
● Staff the front desk or be on-call for volunteers who work there
● Be the Center point person for basic questions during evening hours
● Various organizational and computer tasks such as inputting data, registering clients for classes, client profile upkeep and reporting, etc
● Assist with Spanish social media
● Keep front desk area organized and clean
● Communicate well with other staff
● Closing, locking and alarming both buildings at the end of the shift
Associate reports directly to the Patron Services Manager.
Job skills, abilities and knowledge required
● Exemplary customer service skills, including a friendly demeanor, patient nature, and willingness to problem solve.
● Strong computer skills, especially Excel and/or Google Docs experience.
● Well-honed communication skills, using all means available.
● A love of the arts community here in Phoenix!
Workspace and schedule
Most evening shifts, the Associate will have a volunteer scheduled to work at the front desk most days, so Associate will work primarily in the main office area, and be support for the volunteer. On nights without a volunteer, Associate will work from the front desk.
Shifts are 5pm-9pm, Wednesday-Friday, with possible Saturday mornings or afternoons needed. 12 hours weekly available, possibly more. Scheduled to start immediately.
To apply send a cover letter and resume, merged into one PDF (no page limit) to firstname.lastname@example.org – with this subject line:
“Patron Services – Last name”
Phoenix Center for the Arts has opened a NEW LOCATION. Thunderbird Arts Center is currently seeking awesome, motivated, teaching artists for the Fall and Spring trimesters.
- Instructors are independently contracted, which creates flexibility in curriculum development and class scheduling.
- Hourly pay: $22 per hour, with reimbursement for material costs and possibility of advancement.
- Instructors have opportunity for showing their artwork in the Thunderbird building during select shows with no hanging costs.
- Instructors are not restricted to a bi-weekly pay schedule and can schedule their pay in weekly or lump-sum arrangements.
- Instructors are VALUED & APPRECIATED for their unique creative vision and are encouraged to utilize their passion in the development of all of their classes.
- All classes are routinely promoted by professional marketing staff.
- Must have availability 3pm-9pm Monday through Thursday, and Saturday from 9am-12pm. Additional weekend availability on occasion is required.
- Instructors must be able to develop their class schedule at least 6 months in advance.
- Instructors must possess a Bachelor’s degree in related field or 2 years experience working with youth.
- Instructors must have AZ State fingerprint clearance card, or be eligible to obtain one.
- Instructors must have excellent interpersonal skills and be willing to work in a shared space with other instructors.
- Instructors must be passionate about working in their area of specialty and motivated to advance the department.
Areas of Specialty:
- Adult Mosaics Instructor
Send cover letter, resume, and three references to L.Krause (at) phoenixcenterforthearts.org.