Interested in getting involved with Phoenix Center for the Arts? There about a billion ways to do so. 🙂 We have opportunities for Volunteers and Interns, as well as periodic program openings for instructors, both within the Center and as part of our outreach programs.
Patron Services Associate
*Bilingual English/Spanish required, intermediate level, conversational and written.
Date posted: September 21, 2018
Location: Phoenix Center for the Arts, 1202 N Third Street, Phoenix, AZ 85004
Patron Services Associate is a dynamic position within our multifaceted arts center. Patron Services Associates support all on-campus students, instructors and groups, and maintain the administrative side of all customer service responsibilities.
- Staff the front desk or be on-call for volunteers who work at the front desk
- Act as the Center’s point person for all student, instructor or group needs
- Provide robust customer service: class enrollment, communication, and refunds
- Performer daily administrative tasks that require attention to detail, follow-up, and record keeping
- Maintain the Center’s Spanish-language Facebook page and Phoenix Center for the Arts Twitter account
- Communicate diligently with Patron Services Manager, as well as fellow staff members
- Close, lock, and alarm buildings
- Close out cash transactions at the end of each day
Patron Services Associate reports directly to the Patron Services Manager.
Job skills, abilities and knowledge required:
- Exemplary customer service skills, including a friendly demeanor, patient nature, and willingness to problem solve.
- Proficient computer skills: Excel, Google docs, social media.
- Adroit communication skills via all accessible means with staff, instructors, students, groups.
- Ability to shift gears frequently from office tasks to serving patrons, throughout a short 4 hour shift.
- A love of the arts community here in Phoenix!
Pay & Hours:
This is a part-time, hourly position. Scheduled to start immediately.
5pm-9pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
*Must be available to switch/cover fellow Patron Services Associate on opposite evening and weekend shifts.
*Additional hours frequently available for: translating marketing materials, box office staff, facilities support, extra front desk shifts.
Workspace and Schedule:
Most evening shifts, the Associate will have a volunteer scheduled to work at the front desk, so Associate will work primarily in the staff office area, and be on-call support for the volunteer. Associate will share a desk space with the other Patron Services Associate, who works opposite evening and weekend shifts.
On nights without a volunteer, Associate will work from the front desk.
To apply send a cover letter and resume (no page limit) to k.fitzharris(at)phoenixcenterforthearts.org – with this subject line:
Patron Services [Lastname]
Dance Teaching Artists
Date posted: September 6, 2018
Location: Phoenix Center for the Arts, 1202 N Third Street, Phoenix, AZ 85004, and other locations TBD
Dance Teaching Artists will be responsible for leading dance classes on behalf of Phoenix Center for the Arts. We are seeking artists across all genres and styles of dance. Dance Teaching Artists will work at Phoenix Center for the Arts, schools, and local organizations.
Teaching Artists will create their own fun and engaging lesson plans for both children and adults, as well as creative movement for seniors, by demonstrating dances before the class, in order to effectively teach students new moves.
Send cover letter, resume, and three references to R.Thomas (at) phoenixcenterforthearts.org.
Instructors – North Phoenix
Date posted: January 1, 2018
Location: Thunderbird Arts Center, 1106 E Grovers Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85022
Thunderbird Arts Center is currently seeking awesome, motivated, teaching artists for the Fall and Spring trimesters.
- Instructors are independently contracted, which creates flexibility in curriculum development and class scheduling.
- Hourly pay: $22 per hour, with reimbursement for material costs and possibility of advancement.
- Instructors have opportunity for showing their artwork in the Thunderbird building during select shows with no hanging costs.
- Instructors are not restricted to a bi-weekly pay schedule and can schedule their pay in weekly or lump-sum arrangements.
- Instructors are VALUED & APPRECIATED for their unique creative vision and are encouraged to utilize their passion in the development of all of their classes.
- All classes are routinely promoted by professional marketing staff.
- Must have availability 3pm-9pm Monday through Thursday, and Saturday from 9am-12pm. Additional weekend availability on occasion is required.
- Instructors must be able to develop their class schedule at least 6 months in advance.
- Instructors must possess a Bachelor’s degree in related field or 2 years experience working with youth.
- Instructors must have AZ State fingerprint clearance card, or be eligible to obtain one.
- Instructors must have excellent interpersonal skills and be willing to work in a shared space with other instructors.
- Instructors must be passionate about working in their area of specialty and motivated to advance the department.
Areas of Specialty:
- Adult Mosaics Instructor
Send cover letter, resume, and three references to L.Krause (at) phoenixcenterforthearts.org.