Interested in getting involved with Phoenix Center for the Arts? There about a billion ways to do so. 🙂 We have opportunities for Volunteers and Interns, as well as periodic program openings for instructors, both within the Center and as part of our outreach programs.
Instructors – North Phoenix
Phoenix Center for the Arts has opened a NEW LOCATION. Thunderbird Arts Center is currently seeking awesome, motivated, teaching artists for the Fall and Spring trimesters.
- Instructors are independently contracted, which creates flexibility in curriculum development and class scheduling.
- Hourly pay: $22 per hour, with reimbursement for material costs and possibility of advancement.
- Instructors have opportunity for showing their artwork in the Thunderbird building during select shows with no hanging costs.
- Instructors are not restricted to a bi-weekly pay schedule and can schedule their pay in weekly or lump-sum arrangements.
- Instructors are VALUED & APPRECIATED for their unique creative vision and are encouraged to utilize their passion in the development of all of their classes.
- All classes are routinely promoted by professional marketing staff.
- Must have availability 3pm-9pm Monday through Thursday, and Saturday from 9am-12pm. Additional weekend availability on occasion is required.
- Instructors must be able to develop their class schedule at least 6 months in advance.
- Instructors must possess a Bachelor’s degree in related field or 2 years experience working with youth.
- Instructors must have AZ State fingerprint clearance card, or be eligible to obtain one.
- Instructors must have excellent interpersonal skills and be willing to work in a shared space with other instructors.
- Instructors must be passionate about working in their area of specialty and motivated to advance the department.
Areas of Specialty:
- Adult Mosaics Instructor
Send cover letter, resume, and three references to L.Krause (at) phoenixcenterforthearts.org.